FaceBook | Twitter | Linked In | RSS Feed | You Tube | Blog | Forum | info@ezdrivingtest.com
EZ Driving Test
We make the driving test easy
New Hampshire is a state in the New England region of the northeastern United States of America. The state was named after the southern English county of Hampshire. It borders Massachusetts to the south, Vermont to the west, Maine to the east, and the Canadian province of Quebec to the north. New Hampshire ranks 44th in land area, 46th in total area of the 50 states, and 41st in population. It became the first post-colonial sovereign nation in the Americas when it broke off from Great Britain in January 1776, and was one of the original thirteen States that founded the United States of America six months later. It was the ninth state to ratify the United States Constitution, bringing that document into effect. New Hampshire was the first U.S. state to have its own state constitution, and is the only state with neither a general sales tax nor a personal income tax at either the state or local level. Concord is the state capital, while Manchester is the largest city in the state. New Hampshire has a well-maintained, well-signed network of Interstate highways, U.S. highways, and state highways. Major routes Interstate 89 runs northwest from Concord to Lebanon on the Vermont border. Interstate 93 is the main Interstate highway in New Hampshire and runs north from Salem (on the Massachusetts border) to Littleton (on the Vermont border). I-93 connects the more densely populated southern part of the state to the Lakes Region and the White Mountains further to the north. Interstate 95 runs north-south briefly along New Hampshire's seacoast to serve the city of Portsmouth, before entering Maine. U.S. Route 1 U.S. Route 2 U.S. Route 3 parallels Interstate 93 except south of Manchester, where it heads toward Nashua. U.S. Route 4 State highway markers still depict the Old Man of the Mountain despite that rock formation's demise in 2003. Several route numbers align with the same route numbers in neighboring states. State highway numbering does not indicate the highway's direction. New Hampshire Route 16 is a major north-south highway in the eastern part of the state that generally parallels the border with Maine, eventually entering Maine as Maine Route 16. The southernmost portion of NH 16 is a four lane freeway, co-signed with U.S. Route 4. New Hampshire Route 101 is a major east-west highway in the southern part of the state that connects Keene with Manchester and the Seacoast region. East of Manchester, NH 101 is a four-lane, limited access freeway that runs to Hampton Beach and I-95.

Get your Driver's Permit
Applicants under the age of 18 must show the proof of completion of an approved driver education program and also must complete 20 hours of supervised driving, in addition to the 10 hours required by the driver education course. This 20 hours must be logged and supervised by a parent, or legal guardian, or by a licensed adult over the age of 25.
You must then pass a vision test, written exam, and a road test to obtain a Youth Operator License.
Prepare for the Written Knowledge Test
To get a Youth Operator's License, the New Hampshire DMV requires that all applicants must pass a written exam on traffic signs, motor vehicle laws and safe driving techniques. If you fail the exam, you have to take test again with the charge of re-examination fee
New New-Hampshire Residents
New residents with an out-of-state license must obtain a New Hampshire driver's within 60 days of establishing a permanent residence in New Hampshire. When leaving to the DMV, be sure to take the license from your former state as you will be required to surrender it in order to obtain the new license.
There is no written exam or road skills testing required to change a valid out-of-state license to a New Hampshire driver's license, but you will need to pass the vision test.
If your out-of-state license is expired, you will have to take a written test and possibly a skills test.
International Drivers
New Hampshire always honors a valid foreign driver's license with an international driving permit. After becoming a resident of the State, you'll be required to convert to a New Hampshire license and pass the written and road test along with the eye test.
Required Paperwork
Before you head to the New Hampshire DMV Office, make sure you have all the required documents to get your driver's license/learner permit:
  • New Hampshire ID and Required Documents,
  • Proof of identity,
  • Written permission of a parent or guardian,
  • Certified completion of a driver's education course.
On the Road
Before applying for a junior license, the driver must be at least 16 years old, and not allowed to drive between the hours of 1 AM to 5 AM. For the first 6 months, the licensee isn't allowed to have more than 1 passenger under the age of 25. In order to get full driving privileges in New Hampshire for removing nighttime driving restrictions, the applicant must be at least 17 years and 1 month old.
When you met all your license requirements, you will receive your new:
  • Youth Operator License if 16 to 20 years of age, which expires on the 21st birthday.
  • Full driver's license if 21 and older, which is valid for 4 years.
New Hampshire DMV Permit Test Fact Sheet:
Number of questions : 50
Answer correctly to pass : 40
Passing score : 80%

Do you need a Commercial Driver License in New Hampshire?
CDL Endorsements are required for double/triple trailers, tanker vehicles, passenger vehicles and vehicles placarded for hazardous materials. If you live in New Hampshire and drive a Class A, B or C commercial vehicle, you must have a New Hampshire Commercial Driver License (CDL).
To operate a commercial vehicle in one of the following classifications, you must have a New Hampshire CDL Endorsement.
Class A License - This classification applies only to combination vehicles with a Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) exceeding 26,000 pounds provided the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the vehicle being towed exceeds 10,000 pounds.
Class B License - This class includes single or combination vehicles where the GVWR of the single vehicle exceeds 26,000 pounds. The vehicle in tow must not exceed 10,000 pounds.
Class C License – This class includes vehicles designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, and vehicles placarded for hazardous materials, that do not meet the criteria for Class A or B fall under this classification.
New Hampshire CDL Skills Tests
If you pass the required knowledge tests, you can then take the CDL skills tests. There are three types of general skills that will be tested:
  • Pre-trip inspection,
  • Basic vehicle control, and
  • On-road driving.
You should take all these tests in the type of vehicle for which you wish to be licensed.
Pre-Trip Vehicle Inspection: You will be tested to see whether your vehicle is safe to drive. You will be asked to do a pre-trip inspection of your vehicle and explain to the examiner what you would inspect and why.
Basic Vehicle Control: You will be tested on your skill to control the vehicle. You will be asked to move your vehicle forward, backward, and turn it, etc, within a defined area. These areas will be marked with traffic lanes, cones, barriers, or something similar to it. The examiner will tell you how each control test is to be done.
On-road Test: You will be tested on your skill of how safely you can drive your vehicle in a variety of traffic situations. The situations may include left and right turns, intersections, railway crossings, curves, up and down grades, and single or multi-lane roads, streets, or highways. The examiner will tell you where to drive.
What are few other Requirements for a CDL?
You must be at least 18 years of age to drive intrastate, in New Hampshire only and at least 21 years of age to drive interstate.
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations require drivers to pass a physical examination once every 2 years. The main physical requirements include:
  • Good hearing,
  • 20/40 vision with or without glasses or corrective lenses, and
  • A 70-degree field of vision in each eye and drivers must not be colorblind.
What should you take to the Department Of Motor Vehicles?
Before you leave to the New Hampshire DMV Office, make sure you have all the required documents to get your CDL:
Take your:
  • Current driver license,
  • Department of Transportation Physical Examination Form, and
  • Your social security card.
New Hampshire DMV Permit Test Fact Sheet:
Number of questions : 30
Answer correctly to pass : 25
Passing score : 83%

First Time Motorcycle Riders
Anyone who drives a motorcycle must have a Class M motorcycle license or motorcycle instruction permit, under New Hampshire DMV guidelines.
Applicants aged 16 to 18 must have successfully completed an approved driver education course and possess a valid New Hampshire driver's license.
Applicants should pass the motorcycle knowledge test, a sign test and a vision screening. The final step is to pass the motorcycle skills test where you will demonstrate your competency in motorcycle operation.
If any applicant fails the skills test twice is required to take a motorcycle rider training class in order to obtain a motorcycle license.
New Hampshire will waive your skills test and issue you a license if you complete an approved basic motorcycle rider safety course. This courses last anywhere from two to six weeks and includes
  • Classroom instruction as well as,
  • Driver training in a controlled, off-street environment.
When you successfully complete this course, you will be eligible for your motorcycle driver's license without taking your state's road test.
Prepare for the Motorcycle License Written Test
The New Hampshire DMV requires that all applicants should pass a
  • Written exam on traffic signs,
  • Motor vehicle laws and
  • Safe driving techniques.
If you fail the exam, you must wait at least until the next day to take the test again and charge a re-examination fee.
Required Paperwork
Before you leave to the New Hampshire DMV Office, make sure you have the required documents to get your motorcycle license, like:
  • Birth certificate issued in any state,
  • Driver’s license or instruction permit issued in another state,
  • U.S. passport,
  • U.S. military ID card i.e. even if it is active duty, retired, reserve,
  • Arizona ID card,
  • Social Security Number, if issued,
  • Documents from a court of record,
  • Marriage certificate,
  • Parental Consent Form, which must be signed in the presence of a driver license examiner or notarized if parent or guardian will not be present.
On the Road
When your licensing requirements have been met, a Class M endorsement will be added to your driver's license. The safe operation of a motorcycle requires
  • Practiced skill,
  • Knowledge,
  • Respectful understanding of the limitations imposed by the operator,
  • The machine,
  • The environment.
New Hampshire DMV Permit Test Fact Sheet:
Number of questions : 30
Answer correctly to pass : 25
Passing score : 83%

Important Links
Our Websites
Home | Contact us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2008 - 2012  EZ Driving Test - All Rights Reserved
Alpha Omega Tech Solutions Inc